Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's been a long time since I've posted

Kind of hard to believe it has almost been 4 months since I have last posted anything on here. School, work, theatre and everything else has seemed to take over recently. I'll do my best to catch everyone up on the things that have been going on lately.

School has finished up for this year at least, that included a spring concert, B-Nats Dessert Fundraiser, Drama Production, Class Day, Graduation and a number of other smaller performances. Let's just say that after that, we were ready for a small break. And by small I mean quick, we go back to school August 4th and hit the ground running. We have been approved to go and perform in the 2011 Disney Candlelight Processional in Orlando Florida the first weekend in December. This is a great opportunity and I'm looking forward to it. We have to send in our audition tape by the middle of September so this gives us a good head start on working on it. I love the idea of working on Christmas Music in August.

The theatre has been going great. When I last blogged it was around the time that Seuss had just gotten finished and we had started or about to start workin on the Sound of Music... well that's now down and over with, we have started on and already had two performances of the summer musical, Guys and Dolls. It's a fun show with an amazing cast. If you haven't seen the show yet, you still have a performance tonight or a matinee tomorrow. I'm kind of sad that I can't do the next show which is Narnia but my reasoning is okay. I'm getting married in 14 days to the girl of my dreams.

Thinking about getting married in that short amount of time makes my stomach start to feel queezy. It's not that I'm nervous about getting married or anything, but it's more that the past 8 months have flown past. When I proposed in November and we set the date, we have a good full 8 months to plan and to get everything ready, now that we are 14 days away, I feel like I shouldn't be looking at my to-do list and still have stuff on it. I know everything will work out and come together and like Amanda said to my parent's last night, if it doesn't get done, then it's okay we have all the major parts taken care of.

I joked a while ago with her saying that we had a minister, two witnesses and the rings we could be married on a street corner for all I cared and as long as we were married at the end of the day I would be okay. I still feel that way. No matter what happens, as long as we are Mr. and Mrs. Robert and Amanda Jessup at the end of the on July 9th I will be perfectly happy.

I think that one of the things I am looking forward to most about the wedding, getting married, is getting to spend some quality time with my groomsmen and friends. Some of these guys I haven't seen in almost a year if not longer, but we still talk and I miss seeing them. It's going to be great fun just hanging out and catching up.

Who knows when I'll have the time to blog again, but until then internet readers... have fun, stay safe and if you can't stay out of trouble have fun making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment