Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm Really Bad At Keeping This Updated

So I am realizing that I am really bad at keeping this thing updated. I guess that happens when you get bussy with everything else. Who knew so much work was required to be a choir director right? I was able to take several kids to the NC All State Choir Clinic the last weekend in January, then the following weekend I was able to take 3 students to the Mars Hill Choral Clinic. Both weekends were a blast and I got to hang out with some of my really awesome choir director friends. Bus rides back from All State have never been more quicker nor more fun than they were this year (Thanks Fritzie and the Tuscola High School Choir). Since then life has been filled with working at the school and the box office then going to Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss Rehearsal. I got the opportunity to reprise the roll of Horton the Elephant and who knew that the one act version would be just as energetic and tiring (if not more) than the whole 2 act version?

Let see what other exciting news has happened since I last posted... Amanda and I have found a house/apartment that we both love. It's a nice little 2 bedroom one bath place in the middle of town, so on the 12th of February, I said goodbye to my favorite pair of roommates and moved in on my own. This works out so now Amanda can move her stuff in slowly and I can have a bachelors pad for about 4 months (well, 4 months and 4 days, but whose really counting?). It's not to bad living by myself, I just have to get used to things again. I do not have internet or TV so my only source of entertainment is going to be DVD's and CD's for a while (now that I finally got my DVD Player and Surround Sound System working together). I'm contemplating going back to netflix at least for a while so I can have a new movie every now and then waiting for me at the house. I'm just to busy to go to the movie place and when I do I forget to take them back, so I'm thinking the whole mailing them back in would be a good idea.

School stuff is going well. Drama 2-4 will have their first production of the year on March 17th and 18th at the FHS Fine Arts Center. I'm not the greatest acting teacher (I'll never compare to Scotty), but they are having fun and it doesn't look that bad on stage. Now to get their scripts out of thier hands, learn how to use the lighting board, start and finish working on sets and props and then we should be done. Easy as pie... and we open in less than two weeks. Guess we should also work on the advertising and marketing of it to so maybe we can actually turn a profit.

Life is great. Amanda and I are getting married in a little over 4 months (refer to the prior countdown above if you want specifics) and I can't wait. Today we celebrated our 2 year dating anniversary with a trip through our first date (Boone Thai (but since Boone Thai is closed on Saturdays we opted for Thai Paradise) and Peppermint Patties). It's not hard to believe, but when I look back at what life was like before Amanda became a part of it, I don't like it. She has become my best friend who I can tell anything to, who loves me for who I am and is willing to support me no matter what lame brain ideas I get. Today I got her flowers and she made me a collage of pictures spanning our two years together. It'll look nice in the office of my newest job (Interim Choir Director at First Baptist Church in Franklin). I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.

Okay, enough for now. I'm going to get back to work. The Kenny Rogers Concert is going to be getting started in a little bit and Nancy and I are sitting at our battlestations (the box office) waiting for the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment